Frequently Asked Questions
If you need help, please have a look at the questions below. If you can't find your answer here, please get in touch - we're happy to hear from you.
How do I select my map?
Follow these simple steps to create your map:
- Search for your map location by putting a place name, area, landmark or postcode into the search box and then select the correct location from the list.
- Green rectangles on the main map window represent the positions of maps available from the archive.
- Click within the green rectangle of interest.
- Choose which map you wish to purchase (if there is more than one).
- Confirm your choice and add to basket.
- Pay for goods in the basket.
Can I see exactly what my map will look like?
The images shown during the map creation process show you the area covered by your map and where the centre is. The images do not show the exact detail of the map. A high resolution image of a sample map is available by going to the More Information link on the home page.
How big are the maps?
This varies, but typically a sheet will be 965mmx640mm (mapped), 1020mmx730mm (sheet size).
What are the maps printed on?
They are printed on a synthetic “paper” made of polypropylene, using UV water-based pigment inks (we do not use solvents).
What edition are the maps?
This varies, but should be indicated in the title description - e.g. FirstEd1890 means First Edition 1890.
Can I buy your maps in the shops?
As a rule, no. SAMS maps are only available direct from us, via our website. However, sometimes we produce promotional copies available at shows.
What payment methods can I use?
We offer secure payment by debit/credit card. If you are an education organisation or business and would like to set up an account, please contact us for further information.
Do you offer discounts for multiple orders?
We are happy to discuss discounts for large or repeat orders. Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
How can I keep up to date on news and product information?
Not found the answer you were looking for? Please get in touch by email or give us a call.